Being a comfort food it doesn't look fancy when spooned into a bowl, however this can easily be forgiven when served pipping hot with plenty of chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream!
What you will need:
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup self raising flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder, extra
2 cups boiling water.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease 1.5 litre ovenproof dish.
2. Melt butter with milk in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, stir in extract and caster sugar then sifted flour and cocoa. Spread mixture into dish.
3. Sift brown sugar and extra cocoa over mixture and gently pour boiling water over mixture.
4. Bake pudding, uncovered for 40 min or until centre firm. Stand 5 minutes before serving.
5. Serve with ice cream, preferable a vanilla based ice cream.
*The above recipe is an Australian Women's Weekly recipe.