October 1, 2013
On Sunday evening I whipped up this delicious vegetarian pasta within 30 minutes using a combination of fresh produce and prepared products.
The below ingredients should result in at least 3 serves.
200g pasta (I used Barilla Casarecce)
1 large red capsicum
1 large zucchini
125g frozen spinach
85g capsicum pesto
100g light sour cream
Salt and pepper
1. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and occassionally stir, continue to boil till cooked to your liking.
2. Dice capsicium, zucchini and mushroom and lightly fry until golden.
3. Defrost frozen spinach in the microwave and add to the fry pan.
4. In a bowl combine the pesto and sour cream.
5. By now the pasta should be cooked. Drain and add to the fry pan of vegetables. Combine.
6. Mix in the pesto and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve and top with parmesan cheese.