Yesterday I hosted an afternoon tea to help raise money for Superhero week.
Superhero week is an annual fundraiser which raises much need funds for Bear cottage a children's hospice in Manly.
After a wet, miserable morning the sun came out around lunch time which was perfect as the afternoon tea was to be held outside.
|Table setting - Royal Albert tea set courtesy of my mother|
Just like a high tea there were three courses, bubbly and tea. There was also a game of trivia which brought out some guests competitive nature. Overall we raised just under $400 for Bear cottage.
Cranberry, Swiss cheese, turkey and avocado finger sandwiches
Seeded mustard, roast beef, cucumber and mayonnaise finger sandwiches
Egg and lettuce finger sandwiches
Capsicum pesto, cheese and chicken pinwheels
Pumpkin and mushroom mini quiches
Scones with Chantilly cream and strawberry jam
Mini panna cotta
Vanilla/choc chip slice
Chocolate roly poly
Yellowglen sparkling rose
Brown brothers moscato
Earl grey tea
T2 Gorgeous Geisha green tea
Afternoon tea trivia
- Which country did tea originate? China
- Name the four varieties of tea? White, green, oolong, black.
- How many courses are usually served at high tea? Three
- Where is bear cottage located? Manly
- Who visited bear cottage earlier this year? Prince William and Princess Catherine.
- Name as many brand teas as you can. Lipton, Twinings, Dilmah, T2, Tetley, Bushells, Nerada, Tea Tonic
- It has been claimed that green tea can? Aid in weight loss.
- When preparing a batch of scones what do you mix the dough with? A knife
- Where is most of the worlds tea grown? India
- What sort of tea is usually served in Chinese restaurants? Jasmine
Note: Answers may not be 100% accurate.