September 2, 2014

Design your own Magnum, Westfield Sydney

When it comes to chocolate and ice cream I have little self control so it was no surprise this afternoon after purchasing a pair of short high waisted shorts from Zara and telling myself the diet starts today that I found myself lining up to design my own magnum.

Over the next eight weeks you will find the magnum stand on level two just outside Gap at Westfield Sydney. For eight dollars you can choose the flavour of your ice cream, the chocolate coating, up to four toppings and the type of chocolate to be drizzled over the top.


The magnum is served in an open rectangular box which catches excess topping.

I designed a vanilla ice cream, milk chocolate magnum topped with dark cookie chunks, vanilla crumble, roasted almonds and coconut flakes, drizzled with white chocolate. 

Selection of toppings

So what is my verdict? Yes it is gimmicky, it's sickly sweet, it's overpriced but I'm glad I can cross it off my food bucket list.


My design