These spinach and ricotta rolls are so easy to make. Perfect for a picnic, entertaining or as finger food for a toddler they can be prepared in advance and cooked prior to serving.
2 sheets puff pastry
100g defrosted frozen spinach
1 egg yolk
1 - 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Take two sheets of frozen puff pastry out of the freezer to thaw.
3. Place ricotta, egg, defrosted spinach, salt and pepper to a bowl and mix till all ingredients have combined.
4. Place half the mixture onto the centre of a sheet of defrosted puff pastry and spread vertically (as pictured above).
5. Fold both sides of the uncovered puff pastry to enclose the mixture, forming a roll.
6. Flipping the roll over to hide the folds, place it on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
7. Repeat steps 4 to 6 with the left over sheet of puff pastry and mixture.
8. Cut the rolls into individual pieces and slightly separate. Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds.
9. Place the tray in an oven and cook for 20 minutes.
10. Once slightly cooled, serve.