June 21, 2016

Jude's rustic themed Christening









A few Sundays ago Jude was christened. After months of much planning and preparation it was nice to see the day come. 

Preferring a romper over a traditional christening gown I dressed him in a Bebe by Minihaha romper. To keep his legs and feet warm he wore white stockings and Bebe booties. The cap, a Baby Beau and Belle, which I borrowed from a friend looked adorable. I wore a navy Elle Zeitoune dress from Glam Corner.

The baptism went well, Jude was well behaved. Not wanting a repeat of Gabby's christening I had a standby bottle of formula which I quickly gave him when he started to get a little grizzly.

After the baptism we headed to The Emporium for lunch. Seated in the outdoor garden I found the area with it's large wooden doors, timber beams and bricked wall perfectly complemented the rustic theme.

A rustic looking tray and candy jars were used to hold a variety of chocolates for the guests to enjoy, the chocolates were a hit, particularly with the little ones.

The decor was kept simple. Used jars dressed with hessian were filled with flowers from my garden and roadside stalls. Some of Jude's newborn photos were displayed, along with the baptism candle and bunting which I both made.

The cake containing two tiers, one naked the other iced was made by Essence Patisserie. The personalised cake topper, which I have seemed to have misplaced have now found, was ordered online from Sweet Savanna Cookies.


As a host it was a long but enjoyable day, the food as per a past post of mine was perfect, the service was friendly and accommodating. The benefit of a smaller guest list allowed me to mingle with everyone and also gave me the opportunity to sit, enjoy my meal and my glass of wine.

As for the Jude he spent the majority of the time fast asleep in his pram!

Now that the Christening is over it's time to start planning the next event, his first birthday!