January 10, 2017

Vintage aeroplane party














Over the weekend we celebrated Jude's first birthday by having an aeroplane themed party. With a soft spot for anything rustic I used various vintage aeroplanes, timber boards and hessian to decorate the cake table.

Rather than lolly bags I placed brown boxes of cookies in an old suitcase, with a sign labelled 'inflight snacks'.

My initial plan on hanging a 1940's world map fell through when unfortunately the map I ordered online didn't arrive in time. Luckily for me with the post Christmas sales I was able to score wrapping paper with a print of the world for only 50c, thanks Typo!

Other decor included an aeroplane themed birth detail print which matched the invitation, ordered from Love JK.

The cake a feature in itself was made by M-Cakes Creation. It was a shame it had to be cut!

After months of planning it was nice to see the day come but sad to see it end so fast.

Cake: M-Cakes Creation.
Cookies and party favours: Cookies Crumbs and Co.
Birth print and invitations: Love JK.
Balloons: Big W Party shop.